Lower School Administrative AssistantWichita Collegiate School
Wichita, KS Full-time
Posted on June 10, 2018
To assist the Head of Lower School and the faculty through the administration of the office.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- To ensure that all students are accounted for each school day. This includes, but is not limited to, signing in and signing out all students from campus during the academic day.
- To direct parent communication to students and faculty during normal school hours.
- To direct Lower School communication to parents by means of e-mail, constant contact or letters home.
- To facilitate collection and distribution of student homework assignments for parents of absent students.
- To distribute all in-coming mail for the Lower School and to oversee all out-going mail for the Lower School.
- To generate the weekly Lower School Announcements, with direction from the Head of Lower School.
- To facilitate mass mailings generated by the Head of Lower School.
- To maintain the Power School Database and generate progress reports.
- To assist in editing commentaries at each Trimester reporting period.
- To maintain immunization records in accordance with State Health requirements.
- To give tours to prospective parents when needed.
- To conduct tornado drills and fire drills.
- To arrange substitutes when necessary and maintain substitute list.
- To oversee ordering general office supplies for Lower School faculty and staff.
- To oversee the ordering of all textbooks, planners, and other needed instructional materials.
- To conduct off-campus, school-related errands as deemed appropriate by the Head of the Lower School.
- To sell lunch tickets to parents and call in weekly lunch ticket count to SAGE dining services.
- To assist in managing budgets and teacher VISA card accounts.
- To assist in welcoming and registering visitors to campus as well as monitoring the secured doors and gates.
- To distribute all student medications according to guidelines established by Head of Lower School in the Lower School Handbook.
- To act as a nurse and take care of sick children and children who get injured while at school.
- To oversee scheduling of assistant teacher schedules.
- To be a good steward of sensitive and confidential information.
- To be computer literate including proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word and able to multi-task well.
- To demonstrate maturity, tact, diplomacy, and excellent communication in all interactions with parents, students, faculty, and visitors.
- To assist with any duties as deemed appropriate by the Head of the Lower School.
- Proven experience in clerical and office administration
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible