Medical Assistant / LPN
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Provides assistance with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a registered nurse or provider (physician or advanced practice provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting
- No experience required
About Us: We are dedicated to providing our patients the most advanced, comprehensive medical care available. We believe our precise combination of highly skilled staff, leading-edge technology and time-proven treatment methods will give our patients the confidence that they are receiving the highest standard of care possible. Our practice continuously strives to stay on the cutting-edge of the latest advancements in family medicine. We offer a wide range of services for patients of all ages.
Wichita Family Medicine Specialists, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wichita Family Medicine Specialists, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.