Chief Operating OfficerWichita, KS Area Jobs
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
FOR DIVERSE FAMILY OFFICE BASED IN MIDWESTERN U.S. CITY
- Seeking a skilled and experienced leader to run the diverse business operations of a private family office founded by a highly successful, humble, and confidential Midwestern entrepreneur.
- This is a newly created, "hands on" leadership role, where the candidate is expected to be groomed to ultimately assume the current President's role, with the timing and transition to be based on the individual's performance.
- Requires agile and energetic candidate with a strong operating mindset and financial acumen, solid work ethic, excellent communication skills, and the ability to prioritize and get "stuff" done. Results will be achieved in a work environment where constructive challenge and a sense of urgency are expected in order to identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve and grow the overall portfolio, which consists of multiple operating companies in different industries, real estate, securities, and passive investments.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years business experience in more than one company/industry, with at least 5 years serving in leadership role(s), as well as a MBA and/or other professional certifications. However, more weight will be placed on each candidate's specific background, skills and fit with our culture, versus his/her credentials.
- The family office (and this position) is based in a family-friendly, Midwestern community with a relatively low cost of living. Some travel (33% +/-) is required.
- Overall compensation package is market-based and will include a competitive base salary with a focus on variable, performance-based upside, to include eligibility for an annual cash bonus and a longer-term incentive plan.