HVAC TechnicianWichita, KS Area Jobs
Relocation Assistance Available for The Right Candidate.
Position: HVAC Technician
Great Bend, KS.Work for one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We're building the best team in the industry - our people are the heart and vitality of our company. In joining us, you're joining a firm with a rich history and blue-chip client list. The reason for our success is simple - talented people.
Summary of Duties: Responsible for the operation, installation, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repair of HVAC, refrigeration, and related equipment and controls at the customer's location.
This position will be responsible for and must be able to:
- Perform HVAC services and other trades as required.
- Maintain and perform preventive maintenance on controls and related equipment; adjust and calibrate equipment when necessary.
- Respond to complaints by the customer of equipment not working properly.
- Perform minor electrical and pipefitting repairs to HVAC systems.
- Use common hand tools and power tools.
- Work without direct supervision on daily assigned work.
- Effectively communicate with customers to accomplish assigned tasks and develop sound customer relations.
- Maintain adherence to the published work schedule and be available to work overtime as required by demands of the job.
- Work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment when required by the job.
- Ability to be on a rotational on-call schedule and carry cell phone for on-call rotating schedule.
- Train new departmental employees to perform assigned mechanical tasks to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain communication with supervisor regarding unresolved work issues, personnel issues, and employee complaints.
- Work all shifts including holidays and weekends when demanded by the job.
- Perform other work as defined by company and/or customer.
Other Functions / Duties:
- Work with all assigned personnel.
- Advocate the cooperation of personnel to ensure the smooth operation of the entire department.
- Maintain a professional, safe, and clean work area and comply with OSHA Safety Policies and Regulations.
- Regular attendance at assigned location and participates in client meetings.
- Ensures assigned work tasks meet quality standards.
- Understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Understand and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, customer rules and regulations, and safety rules and regulations.
- Support the company's goals and objectives.
- Work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment.
- Accept feedback from others, set goals to improve performance based upon this feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views.
The goals listed below are specific to this position at the customer's work site.
- Work Orders with Completion Remarks: Goal 100%. This measurement involves all assigned employees writing constructive information on their work orders or PM's.
- Time Sheets: Goal 100% correct and on time.
- Continually develop skills by pursuing further education, seminars, or certificate programs in maintenance.
- Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. AA degree in Industrial Instrumentation, HVAC, Electronics, or Industrial Electricity preferred but not required.
- HVAC Certifications/Licenses: Universal EPA.
- Desire 5 years' experience in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis and 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and extreme cold, stand and sit for extended periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job.
- Have near visual acuity for reading instructions, manuals, specifications, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.