Procurement ManagerWichita, KS Area Jobs
Wichita, KS Full-time
Posted on September 6, 2018
Local Aerospace Manufacturer looking for a Procurement Manager to join our team:
- Track supplier performance, allowing continuous improvement within the procurement process. Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Lead purchasing department personnel in the preparation of specifications, procurement and bidding procedures.
- Negotiate with vendors for goods and services, considering the best possible price, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, including claims against suppliers. Review, evaluate, and approve or deny specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Work with other departments within company on bid/contract write-up.
- Maintain ITAR registration and licensing.
- Oversee material classification for export control.
- Provide guidance to the Inventory staff to ensure effective management of the inventory control function and quality service to the production department.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field.
- 5 years of experience within Supply Chain Management at a manufacturing company with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated successful capability to resolve conflict over sensitive or complex issues.
- Demonstrated successful leadership, including personnel and organization development.