Financial Aid SpecialistWSU Tech.
The Financial Aid Specialist is responsible for coordinating Financial Aid operations and providing quality customer service to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides counseling to students regarding financial aid opportunities, both federal and institutional, and the status of their individual file; assist students with the financial aid application and award process.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of all Title IV Federal Financial Aid programs and compliance regulations for those programs administered at the College.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of institutional scholarship opportunities and requirements.
- Uses professional judgment within provided guidelines to evaluate file status and authorize use of financial aid for payment of tuition and fees.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
- Provides necessary updates and communication to both internal and external stakeholders regarding financial aid and scholarship processes and procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of financial aid information submitted by students.
- Maintains knowledge of all College programs and resources; maintains academic records and information in the ERP system.
- At all times, engages in and promote teamwork, courtesy, legal compliance, policy compliance, and safety in the WSU Tech workplace.
- Attend meetings and training sessions.
- Projects an image of professionalism, including in conduct, communication, and dress.
- Assists in other student service areas as needed.
- Assumes all other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Experience in financial aid and scholarship counseling preferred.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively in a customer service intensive environment under pressure and subject to frequently changing priorities while maintaining confidentiality with all student information.
- Basic understanding of computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students and peers in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner.
- Accomplished oral and written communication skills.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including standards for attendance, work deadlines, and scheduled work breaks, where applicable.
- Must maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and any other representative of an external organization.
- Must be able to multi-task, be self-motivated, and use professional judgment when necessary to provide the best customer service possible to all customers.
Must be able to work in a multi-tasked, high-volume environment, completing multiple and competing priorities. Daily attendance is required to meet the needs of students and prospective students. Attendance is required at meetings and in-services some of which may be out of the area. Schedules may fluctuate to accommodate student or College needs, deadlines and delivery of services. Long periods of sitting and/or standing will be required. Extensive data entry/typing. Independent travel by car or public carrier is required to enable flexibility to work at alternate campuses/locations when needed. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work schedule will be as needed and required by administration to accomplish assigned duties.
To learn more about each position and to apply, please select “apply now” to be directed to the website.