Responsible for all aspects of the site (location, branch) operations; safety, staffing and customer service functions working in conjunction with the Sales and Supply Chain teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Leads the local team to manage the safety/compliance performance, packaged gas sales, welding products and hard goods sales, cylinder production and distribution (if applicable), inventory, support on A/R and back office operations.
2. Provides leadership to deliver a high level of personal and team safety performance and regulatory compliance.
3. Leads the Safety Culture to a performance goal of zero accidents, zero incidents.
4. Supports the direct sales and leads retail and inside sales efforts to deliver profitable growth of the Area business.
5. Optimizes profitability of the Area business by actively managing controllable expenses, local inventory and development of continuous improvement projects to generate hard cost savings/profit improvement as a function of War on Waste.
6. Develops area local sales strategies in support of Regional, Zone, and Division strategies; e.g. Hard goods, Private Label, Shielding Gases, Spec Gases, Etc…
7. Supports sales representatives in customer activities, new business acquisition, contract negotiations and customer service requirements.
8. Coordinates and manages communications in the site and between Area, Region and Zone Management.
9. Reports area activity in a timely manner to MTG management.
10. Accountable for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard good inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and if applicable gallons delivered vs. gallons sold.
11. Shares accountability for collections results.
12. Plans for succession and develops employees for advancement within the company.
13. Participates in semi-annual inventories.
14. Responsible for reconciliation of cash, gas and hard-goods inventory, customer owned cylinder balances and as appropriate propane (e.g. gallons delivered from vendor vs. gallons sold) as well as daily close out location procedures
15. Perform other project and duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the local site employees within the retail branch. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
· Five to Ten years related experience and/or training preferably in site/branch operations and/or package gas operations in the industrial gas industry; or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Valid Driver's License
· Hazardous Materials training
We offer a full benefits and compensation package. Matheson is a Drug-Free Company