IT Technical Service SpecialistSusan B Allen Memorial Hospital
IT Technical Service Specialist
1) Assists in managing servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
2) Assists in managing security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
3) Assists in managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs.
4) Has the ability to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot end user work station hardware, software, peripheral devices.
5) Ensures network connectivity of all workstations.
6) Administers equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
7) Practices network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
8) Assists in performing server and security audits.
9) Assists in performing and managing system backups and recovery.
10) Recommends, schedules, and performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
11) Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
12) Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots any equipment that is the responsibility of the Information Systems Department.
13) Assists in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
14) Assists with the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of telecom systems.
15) Receives and responds to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
16) Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Has a working technical knowledge of current network hardware, corporate networking, PC operating systems protocols and standards, current internet and network protocols. Has knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation. Is mechanically inclined. Has knowledge of applicable data privacy and laws. Has strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills. Has the ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required. Has the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. Is a highly self-motivated and directed. Has a keen attention to detail and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Has the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Has a strong customer service orientation. Education: College Diploma or University degree in field of computer science and/or, 3 years equivalent work experience required. Experience: Hands-on troubleshooting experience. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Certification/Licensure: None. Code Blue Training: Ability to activate Code Blue system by dialing extension 200.
Requires long periods of standing, walking and sitting. Occasionally lifts greater than 75 lbs. May require pushing and pulling up to 100 lbs. Eye-hand coordination, and finger and manual dexterity are required. Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions. Some twisting, climbing, stooping, and kneeling, and reaching. Requires the ability to distinguish letters or complex symbols. Ability to use office equipment such as computers, printers, telephones, copier, and fax machine. Repetitive movements involved in pulling cable, typing and keyboard entry are required.
Work is generally Monday through Friday during normal business hours. However, attendance may be required on weekends or holidays. Situations may arise where attendance is required at any hour. This position may require to be on-call, a minimum of 15 days per month.
This is a Full Time position working 80.000 Hours/Period
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, MONDAY - FRIDAY