Posted on August 30, 2017
- Full Time
Basic Function: This position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process (quotes), margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. This position will also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Construct data accumulation reports from the ERP system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Set up inventory numbering and location within the ERP system.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close, all product lines.
- Work with the shop leaders to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on breakeven points by jobs, work centers, and projects
- Report on margins by product
- Report on work order variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Analyze capital budgeting requests
- Perform cost accumulation tasks as a member of the quotation group
Desired Qualifications: 3+ years of accounting/finance experience, or 5+ years experience in cost related accounting. Also, a BA/BS degree, as well as excellent analysis skills, and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team. Also, helpful to have experience manipulating large databases.
Working Conditions: Office environment, yet is expected to be highly familiar with all production operations, and to regularly visit all shop work stations.
By clicking on the submit button, your information will be shared with
this employer. You may be contacted from time to time regarding
other opportunities that become available.