Production ArtistUniversal Products, Inc.
Growing manufacturing company seeks an experienced Production Artist.
The Production Artist is responsible for converting and translating customer submitted artwork into a press compatible format. This involves recreating artwork based on blueprints, adding or adjusting bleeds, manipulating color, making proofs, imposition, trapping, creating dielines, and adding custom marks. These functions support a range of printing capabilities such as Screen printing, Digital printing and Flexographic.
Experience , Skills & Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS4 and up, CC preferred
· Read and comprehend Blueprints
· Assesses customer artwork, advises customers regarding artwork guidelines, and provides technical instructions for the reproduction of the artwork for pre-press setup.
· Manipulate customer artwork as well as create your own so printed materials can be produced according to the production requirements
· Preflight and troubleshoot customer digital files, load fonts, inspect graphics
· Prepare files for output to digital and plate processor (spot and 4-color process) via color separations with traps and bleeds.
· The following is not a requisite but a plus for having experience: Degree in Graphic Design, working knowledge of Acrobat, InDesign, Microsoft Office, RIP software
· Self-directed multi-tasker
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills
· Team player as well as being able to work independently
· Organizational and prioritization skills
· Detail orientated
· Time management
· Self - motivated, customer focused
· Results orientated
This is a FT position with benefits.
Universal Products believes in providing a safe work environment.
We conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes.
Send/fax/e-mail resume or apply in person at:
Universal Products, Inc.
521 Industrial St.
Goddard, KS 67052
Fax: (866) 268-4270