Accompanist/AdmissionsCowley County Community College
Location: Arkansas City Main Campus
Duration: (9) months – (August – May)
Department: Visual and Performing Arts/Enrollment Management
Position Reports To: Director of Vocal Music/Admissions Coordinator
The Accompanist/Admissions position is responsible for accompanying: small and large ensemble rehearsals and performances, vocal and instrumental solos for recitals, juries and portfolios, one major musical a year and other small performance opportunities. This position will also assist in recruiting and advisement of future Visual and Performing Arts students.
· Accompanying large and small ensembles in rehearsals and performances such as: concert choir, Cowley College Singers, Jazz Band and Pep Band).
· Accompany soloist in rehearsal and performances such as: juries, recitals, seminar, portfolio showcases, and rehearsal times.
· Accompany for the musical rehearsals and performances for one semester (Fall 2017)
· Process incoming students enrollment applications.
· Musical semester duties breakdown: Accompanist 30 hours/week; Admissions 10 hours/week
· Non-musical semester duties breakdown: Accompanist 23 hours/week; Admissions 17 hours/week
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Advanced piano skills
· Advanced music theory
· Vocal techniques
· Site reading, conducting, transposing, arranging and coaching skills
· Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
· Work cooperatively with others
Required Education Background:
· Bachelor’s degree required in related field of visual and performing arts
· Minimum of (2) years’ experience accompanying at the high school level or higher equivalent experience.
· Ability to sit or stand, reach, grasp, stoop, bend, push, pull, kneel, squat, twist
This positon requires sitting at piano for long periods of time; occasionally stand and/or climb ladders, stairs, etcl; push or pull piano to different spots or locations; repetitive twisting/pressure involving hands/wrists; repetitive use of arms, hands and shoulders.
Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation or other legally protected category. (Notice of Non-Discrimination found at http://www.cowley.edu/about/legal.html)
To apply for this opportunity: Submit a complete application packet, including cover letter, resume and staff application to: Cowley College, Attn: Human Resources, 125 South Second St., PO Box 1147, Arkansas City, KS 67005 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer. Voluntary EEOC form - Non-discrimination notice.