Great Plains Industries, Inc.
Posted on September 1, 2017
Job Summary: The Accounting Manager oversees the day to day management of AP and AR, prepares consolidated multi-national financial statements and various reports, and researches and resolves discrepancies. In addition to managing the basic functions of an accounting office, this position will provide accounting expertise in a manufacturing organization and provide backup to some Finance Manager functions
- The Accounting Manager has direct responsibility to oversee AP/AR and general accounting functions to insure GPI follows through on commitments to our customers, vendors and employees. This position will have accountability to maintain the accuracy of the general ledger.
- This positon will help develop and perform cost accounting functions to achieve a clear understanding the cost of goods sold.
- Collect, summarize and interpret financial data for business leaders and provide financial guidance on departmental performance in relation to overall company performance.
- This position will prepare all financial statements and supporting schedules including consolidations of international subsidiaries.
- This position will support all business units by utilizing report writing skills and understanding of ERP systems to provide appropriate data to leaders to better manage the organization.
- Reconcile international payroll and benefits to the general ledger and work directly with GPV & GPI HR Manager on process improvements or issues.
- Teaming with HR Manager, perform weekly verification of time track data transmission to Syteline after time cards have been authorized for the week.
- Prepare work papers for independent auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing organization.
- Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- 2+ years’ experience in a cost accounting function within a similar manufacturing organization.
- 5+ years’ experience with an ERP system including strong reporting writing skills from comparable data base systems.
- Exceptional MS Office skills and expert level experience with Excel in an accounting environment.
- Proven work experience with a high level of detail and accuracy. Ability to solve problems effectively using sound accounting principles.
- Prepared to assume a proactive role in order to provide support the Director of Finance in a fast-paced growing organization.
- Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 3 – 5 years’ accounting work with multinational manufacturing experience.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience managing employees within the accounting function.
- Experience with Syteline and Jet Reports.